In this Shuri Deck Guide, we’ll discuss different strategies, tips, and tricks so you can gain more cubes. Shuri is a niche card and it’s usually combined with high-power cards as its main ability is to double the power of the next card you’ll play. In this deck, you’ll be playing mostly with On Reveal cars, which puts Cosmo once again as your main antagonist. Shuri decks are some of the meta decks in Marvel Snap so they are definitely worth a try. After many tests and fixes, we’ve come out with the three best Marvel Snap Shuri decks; depending on what cards you’ve got at your disposal. Overall you should be vary of Destroy Decks and Control Decks as they have some of the worst counters for Shuri Decks. If you’re new to the game check out our Marvel Snap Beginner Guide. Without further ado, let’s look at what decks we can build with Shuri so you can get more of those sweet cubes.
Shuri Deck Strategies, Tips, Tricks and Synergies
- First of all the most essential cards that you would need in this Shuri Deck are Zabu and Psylocke. This is for one simple reason, to reduce the energy cost of 4 cost cards like Zabu, or add extra energy like Psylocke on the next turn. Playing with Shuri is straightforward, but we’ve made it a bit more dynamic and less predictable.
- Sunspot or Nebula are some of the cards that you’d like to have always with you, just in case you don’t have anything to play with. Plus they’re good power collectors in case you don’t have to play anything smart or simply anything else. Just be aware of 1-card killer a.k.a. Killmonger.
- The classical synergy in the Shuri deck is Shuri– Vision – Task Master. The simplest reason why this works is that you can move Vision on your last move if you want it and it’ll have 16 power. This is a pretty big game-changer, while Taskmaster will simply just copy 16 power and you’ll be able to kill two birds with one stone.
- Probably the best power-generating synergy would be Wong, Shuri, Black Panther, and Taskmaster. Wong as we all know will double Shuri’s effect so Black Panther will have a huge amount of power. Taskmaster will fit here perfectly, while if you play Arnim Zola would be an OVER 9000; but it’d be a big gamble.
- You should consider switching one of the cards with Armor, especially if you’re planning on generating large numbers in one place. This is also one of the biggest weaknesses when it comes to Shuri Deck.
- Be careful with Zero as he has the On Reveal ability to remove the abilities on the next card you play. On the other hand, it’s included in this deck as it’ll remove abilities from cards with negative effects such as Sentry who adds a -10 Power Void to the right location. Sentry can be a good replacement for Typhoid Mary if you didn’t already get her.
- Sauron would be a supporting card and it’s a good pick in cases where you’re really out of luck. He’ll disable bad Ongoing effects of cards such as Lizard, Ebony Maw, Typhoid Mary, Red Skull, etc.
- If all other lanes are destroyed then and you’re playing against Location Control Decks, then this can get tricky, but you’ll most likely win. You see Location Control Decks should spread across three lanes, but in this case, you’ll have an upper hand.
Shuri Deck Counters and Weaknesses
As I’ve already mentioned the biggest counters are Cosmo and Shang Chi. Cosmo will simply block all of your On Reveal effects, so your Shuri, Taskmaster, Wong, and other On Reveal cards won’t work. When it comes to Shang Chi he’s an obvious power destroyer and that’s why many players put Armor in their decks to protect it from being destroyed. It’s hard to counter Cosmo and if you don’t have Shang Chi, your power is gone. Don’t worry we’ve thought and tested some of the decks that’ll be able to counter these attacks and effects. If your opponent plays a Patriot Deck then good luck, as in most cases they include Cosmo as a counter; since Patriot decks are usually Ongoing decks. Destroy Decks in their classical form have Shang Chi as a counter.
Legendary Shuri Zero Deck
Deck Type: Tempo
Key cards: Sauron, Shuri, Red Skull, Taskmaster, Ebony Maw, Zabu, Zero, Typhoid Mary, Enchantress
Support cards: Lizard, Vision, Nebula
Deck Code: eyJOYW1lIjoiU2h1cmkgQWdhaW4iLCJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFYm9ueU1hdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYXVyb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNodXJpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUeXBob2lkTWFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlZFNrdWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUYXNrbWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWaXNpb24ifV19
We’ve got three strategies that we’ve developed so far. The first or the classical one will start with a Sunspot or Nebula on one of the locations. Then you should play Lizard or skip 2nd turn. On 3rd turn, you should play Sauron, he’ll remove all abilities from all Ongoing cards in your hand and deck. That’s why on the 4th turn you’ll play Shuri, who’ll double Red Skull’s power on the 5th turn. On the 6th turn, you’ll want to use Taskmaster (on another location) who’ll copy the power of Red Skull, which is 28 if the math is good. Just be warned that all Ongoing abilities will be disabled, that’s why Sauron is so important in this play.
Another popular tactic is Ebony Maw at the first move, after that, you’ll play Zabu to lower the cost of Shuri from 4 to 3 energy. On 4th move, you should play on another location possibly empty Zero who’ll disable Typhoid Mary’s effect; just be careful as you must play Mary next to Shuri to double its power. On the 5th move it’s time for Taskmaster to steal 20 power that Mary accumulated or Vision (you can move it to Ebony Maw location). If you didn’t get any of these cards and you’re not feeling lucky, Sauron and Lizard are a great team two plus they can accumulate 7 power. The 6th and final move is reserved for whatever you’ve got Red Skull, Vision and you’ve got Enchantress as a counter.
The third tactic that you can play with this deck is to start with Nebula. On 2nd move use Lizard, followed by Sauron on 3rd who’ll disable all Ongoing in your hand and deck. Shuri on 4th move will be ready to buff Red Skull (14×2=28 power). Finally, Taskmaster is here to copy the power of the last played card, in this case, Red Skull. It’s not bad as you’ll get at least 2 locations with 28+ power.
Shuri Wong Deck – Unlimited Power
Deck Type: Tempo
Key cards: Zabu, Wong, Shuri, Black Panther, Arnim Zola, Taskmaster, Zero, Typhoid Mary
Support cards: Sunspot, Lizard, Ravonna Renslayer, White Tiger
Deck Code: eyJOYW1lIjoiU2h1cmkgQWdhaW4iLCJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSYXZvbm5hUmVuc2xheWVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUeXBob2lkTWFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2h1cmkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWNrUGFudGhlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGFza21hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVUaWdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn1dfQ==
The main tactic is to play Sunspot on the 1st turn on one of your locations. On the 2nd turn, you should use Zabu or Psylocke if you don’t have Zabu. After you get energy or lower the cost you’d like to play Wong on 3rd turn followed by Shuri on 4th turn. This will create a quadruple power of any of your next cards and you’d like to play Black Panther on 5th move. After your nuclear bomb is ready you’d like to finish off with Arnim Zola and possibly copy Wong and after that Black Panther to get even more power. Now if Zolo isn’t available you can go with Taskmaster. We’ve put here White Tiger just in case you don’t pick Panther or Taskmaster.
Yet another popular tactic with this deck starts with Sunspot or just skipping the 1st turn. On the 2nd turn, you’d like to get Zabu Psylock or Ravonna, and on the 3rd turn, you’d play Shuri or Wong. After that on the 4th, you’d like to play Zero in another location (not the one with Wong or Shuri) and Typhoid Mary next to Shuri. Taskmaster is going to copy the power of Mary on the 5th move; if you’ve played Wong he’ll copy two times her power, or in case you played Shuri he’ll simply copy Typhoid Mary’s doubled power. The 6th move is reserved for Arnim Zola or anything else that you’ve got left up your sleeve; Black Panther, White Tiger, Lizard. By combining Wong Deck with Shuri, we’ve uncovered a whole new dimension of both decks.
Shuri Nimrod Deck – Pray to RNG Gods
Deck Type: Tempo
Key cards: Zabu, Armor, Wong, Shuri, Nimrod, Destroyer, Red Skull, Typhoid Mary, Taskmaster
Support cards: Lizard, Venom, Zola
Deck Code: eyJOYW1lIjoiU2h1cmkgQWdhaW4iLCJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWZW5vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29uZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2h1cmkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlR5cGhvaWRNYXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUYXNrbWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaW1yb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlZFNrdWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlc3Ryb3llciJ9XX0=
Here on your 1st turn, you’d ideally want to play Zabu that’d be your 2nd move. On 3rd move, you’d want to play Wong, and on 4th turn Shuri. Nimrod should be your next card on 5th move and it’ll be a powerbomb. Finally, you’ll just need Destroyer on 6th move so once he destroys all of the other cards, he’ll duplicate Nimrods on two other locations. If you’ve played Zabu on the left location, and Wong–Shuri–Nimrod in the middle, you’ll still have all 3 locations open. That’s what’s good with this deck, as you’ll be able to play Destroyer anywhere and you’ll get 2 locations covered with power bombs. If you don’t have Destroyer you can use Venom to eat all of the cards. Alternatively, Arnim Zola which is the biggest gamble; you’re never sure what he will destroy and copy to other locations. Destroyer is also really good if you play against Annihilus Decks as it’ll clear all negative cards that were transferred to your side.
The best thing about this deck is that you can play the classical Zabu – Wong – Shuri – Red Skull – Taskmaster strategy. There are so many ways to combine these cards and you should try combinations to see what’s the best Shuri Deck that suits you. For us at Fantasy Warden this played rather well against other decks. It can be tricky to play Discard Decks and Destroy Decks especially if they’ve got Shang Chi.
Photo credits: Marvel Snap